Grants, Scholarships and LoansThe College is committed to helping students meet the cost of their education through a variety of financial aid programs, including academic scholarships, need-based financial assistance grants, subsidized state and federal loans, and the college work-study program. More than eighty percent of the undergraduates at Touro College receive some type of financial assistance.
Touro College awards annually over a million dollars in Touro College Academic Scholarships to students with superior high school scholastic records. Scholarships are renewable upon satisfactory academic performance for up to four years.
A special program for highly qualified students at Lander College, called Lander College Scholars, awards substantial scholarships as well.
Need-based grants include the New York State TAP Awards, the Federal PELL Awards (Important information concerning Pell Awards/Grants), and Touro College Grants. Students may qualify for a combination of need-based grants and academic scholarships.
Loan programs, at low interest rates, are another source of assistance. Applications can be obtained at the Financial Aid Office. Loans must be repaid after graduation or upon leaving college.
To apply for Federal, State and Touro College financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Applications can be obtained from Cheryl Bernath at the Office of Financial Aid, (718) 252-7800, ext. 231.
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAMS
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) (Only NYS residents may qualify): Maximum Annual Award $5,000
- PELL Grants (Important information concerning Pell Awards/Grants) Maximum Annual Award $4,050
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) Maximum Annual Award $1,000
- Touro College Grants Maximum Annual Award $2,500
- Touro College Academic Scholarships Maximum Annual Award $6,000
- Lander College Scholars Maximum Annual Award $7,200
- Dean’s Scholarships Maximum Annual Award $2,500
- College Work-Study Program Maximum Annual Award $3,600
- Perkins Loans Maximum Annual Award $1,500
- Stafford Loans
- 1st Year Maximum Annual Award $2,625
- 2nd Year Maximum Annual Award $3,500
- 3rd and 4th Years Maximum Annual Award $5,500
- Unsubsidized Stafford and Parent Loans are also available. Contact the Financial Aid Office, (718) 252-7800 ext. 231, for more information.