New York residents are eligible for grants from the state.
New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
TAP can provide residents up to $5,000 in annual need-based grants.
After completing your FAFSA online, you’ll have the option to link directly to the TAP application. If you exited the FAFSA before selecting this option, the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) will send you an email notifying you to complete your TAP application online.
All you need to do is create a user name and a PIN. The HESC will calculate your TAP award based on the information provided on your FAFSA.
Our financial aid counselors can also help estimate how much you may be eligible through TAP. Stop by the Financial Aid office or contact us with any questions.
Other State Scholarships
New York State has a number of other scholarships available to those who qualify:
New York State Achievement and Investment in Merit Scholarship for students who meet the following criteria:
- have resided in New York State (NYS) for 12 continuous months;
- are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- graduate from a NYS high school in the class of 2015;
- enroll full time as a first time student in an eligible NYS college for the fall 2015 term; and
- have achieved at least two of the following during high school:
- have graduated with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or above;
- have graduated “with honors” on a New York State Regents diploma or received a score of 3 or higher on two or more Advanced Placement (or AP) examinations;
- have graduated within the top 15% of his or her high school class.
Additional scholarships include: Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters; World Trade Center Memorial Scholarships; Regents Awards for Children of Veterans; Veterans Tuition Awards; and New York Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarships.
All require completed FAFSA and TAP applications to be considered. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more details.