Accounting (for CPA candidates)
This professional program provides the educational requisites for careers in public and managerial accounting. Students completing the Bachelors of Science in Accounting program satisfy course requirements for the CPA examination, but as of July 29, 2009 New York State requires 150 curriculum hours for licensure. Students who fulfill requirements for the M.S. in Accounting offered by Touro in addition to the B.S. in Accounting will satisfy the 150-hour curriculum requirement. This combination will optimally prepare students for successful careers in accounting.
Required Business Core (33 credits)
Note: This Business Core, or a variant, is required by all business and accounting majors in addition to specific requirements for each major
- EBAN 101 - Principles of Accounting I - 3 credits
- EBAN 102 - Principles of Accounting II - 3 credits
- EBEN 101 - Principles of Macroeconomics - 3 credits
- EBEN 102 - Principles of Microeconomics - 3 credits
- EBFN 101 - Principles of Finance - 3 credits
- EBMN 101 - Principles of Management - 3 credits
- EBMN 213 - Business Law I - 3 credits
- MATN 120 - Pre-Calculus (or exemption) - 3 credits
- MATN 261 - Statistics for Social Science Majors - 3 credits
- MCON 140 - Computer Concepts with Business Applications - 3 credits
- MCON 148 - Advanced Computer Business Applications - 3 credits
Required Major Courses (34 credits)
- EBAN 201 - Intermediate Accounting I - 3 credits
- EBAN 202 - Intermediate Accounting II - 3 credits
- EBAN 213 - Cost Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 301 - Advanced Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 302 - Government & Not-for-Profit Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 308 - Auditing - 3 credits
- EBAN 314 - Federal Income Taxation of Individuals - 3 credits
- EBAN 316 - Federal Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships, and Estates - 3 credits
- EBAN 451 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting - 4 credits
- EBFN 220 - Corporate Finance - 3 credits
- EBMN 214 - Business Law II - 3 credits
One Elective from the Following: (3 credits)
- EBAN 209 - Financial Statement Analysis - 3 credits
- EBAN 214 - Managerial Cost Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 440 - International Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 498 - Internship in Accounting - 3 credits
- EBKN 101 - Principles of Marketing - 3 credits
- PHIN 225 - Business Ethics - 3 credits
Any other Accounting or Business course approved by Department Chair or Dean.
- Students pursuing the CPA track must maintain a 3.0 GPA in accounting courses and a 2.5 GPA overall.
- Students must receive at least B- on the accounting screening examination.
- Students who do not fulfill these prerequisites are eligible to qualify for a B.S. in Business Management with concentration in Accounting.
- Students who entered in Fall, 2000 are required to meet the revised requirements above.
- CPA Examination licensure requires, in addition to a passing score on the exam, a total of 150 credit hours of undergraduate and /or graduate courses. These 150 hours must include at least 33 hours of Accounting courses and 36 hours of Business courses not including MAT 120.