All of your hard work has paid off.
The Honors Program offers accelerated courses, challenging projects, and, of course, recognition. Students who successfully complete the program gain a competitive edge when it’s time to apply for jobs or graduate school. Honors students represent the very best of Lander College for Men, and all high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
For acceptance into the Honors program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum SAT score (critical reading and mathematics): 1350 OR
- Minimum ACT composite score: 30
- Minimum high school average in academic subjects: 92
- Minimum high school average in Jewish subjects: 92
- Demonstrate unusually strong gemara skills on an oral bechina (This may replace a lower Jewish Studies high school average for students studying in Israel)
- Successful interview with a representative of the Office of the Dean
The Honors application includes two additional letters of recommendation and an original essay in response to one of the prompts provided.
Both the standard admissions and the Honors program applications should be submitted in one package to:
Office of Admissions
Lander College for Men
75-31 150th Street
Kew Gardens Hills, NY 11367
Please contact Rabbi Aryeh Manheim in the Office of Admissions with any questions at (718) 820-4919 or by email at email@example.com.